Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Exercise 6 - technology a few thoughts

Technology - txting for moi is a marvel I will not live without. I decided a while back I wasn't going to txt anymore. Pulled out all stops and gave the landline a hammering. It was fine for a time, but when it came to teenagers the need to ensure everyone was aware of what time one was coming home and what time to collect this one up and on it went. Believe me it was'nt worth it. Then there is the other side. Its easy to txt a friend, and - " Get a load of this on the tele" or "so where have you disappeared to, won lotto and don't want me to know?", or "Pickup a bottle of wine on the way home I had a rough day ".One can keep in touch without having to pick up the phone, get in the car or indeed walk from the kitchen to the lounge.....What about email, digital photography, catching the latest news online, these have all become as familiar as that morning cuppa let alone the marvels we are learning about on web2.0. So let it long continue!

No comments: