Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Delightful and delicious

The grape along with other fruit are one of the best foods known to man.
Who when feeling hungry or simply a little peckish doesn't enjoy a delicious crisp apple, a bunch of sweet juicy grapes or a banana. I have to admit I struggle with the banana, but fellow fruit fans I have had to mention it for the sole reason that it is so popular! How many times have I seen a fellow worker tucking into a banana for morning or afternoon tea keeping hunger from the door until meal time. I prefer the apple, but who cares each to their own. Actually a little research on this subject would be interesting, let me know your fav fruit and we will see what comes out on top.

5 comments:

QuizzyLizzy said...

Definitely bananas!

wieczny said...

Well, I think of bananas as useful but unexciting - they're good for you but you don't always feel like being practical - have to admit this summer I went overboard on watermelons - the road seller on Glenfield Rd. sold these huge fresh watermelons for a few dollars and when you got home from work on a summer's day,eating cold juicy watermelon changed your mood from slightly wilted to energetic!

Biblio Chick said...

Bananas are loaded with potassium. Very often people who are feeling constantly tired (here I think of our poet blogger)are suffering from a potassium deficiency. A banana a day gets them up and going.

Apples of course are the fruit that keeps the doctor away which is exactly what one would want from a healthy diet. Apples are particulary good for those with high cholesterol.

But the fruit of the gods for me is the exotic and subtle mango! To be eaten with the eyes closed to savour every delicious mouthful!
And if you have ever eaten one fresh from the tree you will know what I am talking about! Fruit of the gods indeed!

I prefer grapes in liquid form - preferably the red ones!

diamondlil.jo said...

Grapes especially squeezed ones!

lostinspace said...

I like all three,BUT they have to be of HIGH QUALITY and I mean HIGH.

I like my apples crisp with no bruises,my bananas bright yellow with no spots!! and my grapes seedless and firm.